Monday, December 13, 2010

Merry Christmas!


I won't be posting again before Christmas, so I wanted to get in my wishes that everyone have a safe, happy Christmas time. If you're traveling, be careful and don't rush! If you're still shopping, try to shop with a buddy during daylight hours and make periodic trips back home to leave your bounty. No one wants to replace their car window for Christmas. Also, it still amazes me that a lot of people have heard of this, but after Christmas, tear down your cardboard boxes to fit in your trashcan or haul them away. Thieves comb neighborhoods looking for all the electronic boxes to know which houses to rob.

Or if there's a neighbor you've been wanting to get rid of, put the boxes in front of his house....just kidding. Kinda. Maybe.

I've got my shopping done already. I try to do it early, but had to venture to Target this past weekend. ugh Too many people and apparently all of them have nothing to do but loiter and stare blankly into space while blocking entire aisles. I have also noticed a recent trend in traffic - between Thanksgiving and Christmas everyone who doesn't normally drive must be on the road. It is simply cluttered with people doing 10-15 miles UNDER the speed limit in the FAST lane. Seriously. MOVE. The rest of us have to get to work. You know, make that money that keeps us all with an economy?

Anyway, I digress, but if you haven't yet finished your shopping, I'll pray for you....long and hard.

So do you have anything special on your wish list this year? I have heard a lot of people saying they are asking for ereaders. I have been harping since the first generation Sony about how much I love my ereader, so that totally makes sense to me. I think as the prices continue to come down, more people will realize the advantages to buying from your couch, nothing to dust and a discount on everything. It's hard to beat.

Whatever you have on your list, I hope you get that and more and have a very Merry Christmas!

Deadly DeLeon

8 comments:

Robin Kaye said...

Hi Jana~

I'm one of the many who have yet to really start Christmas shopping. I hate it. I'm one of those people who try to shop on line because stores this time of year make my ass twitch.

Jana DeLeon said...

Yes - I have that ass twitching problem myself! I always worry about shopping online because what if they run out and I don't know until two days before Christmas? I also live in a rural area and they are STUPID about leaving boxes ON TOP of the mailbox - no lie. Regardless of how many times I've asked them to hold all packages. sigh

Christie Craig said...

Jana,

Merry, Merry Christmas. Here's hoping you have the best holiday ever. Me, I'm planning on taking my boxes over to my neighbor's house. Great tip. LOL.

CC

Tori Lennox said...

And Merry Christmas (a little early) to you too, Jana!

I haven't really started my shopping but Amazon Prme is my friend. *g*

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL Christie - why did I know that would be up your alley. (winks)

Jana DeLeon said...

Tori - get to shopping. There could be a blizzard or a flood or something. Merry Christmas to you!

Kathy Bacus said...

A merry Christmas to you, too, 'Deadly'.

I haven't done a lick of shopping but have a couple days off this week and the weather looks--not terrible--so I'll venture out one of those days.

As far as my Christmas wish, I've already received it: a clean PET scan and end of cancer treatment for a loved one.

How can it not be a terrific Christmas?

Blessings!

Jana DeLeon said...

Kathy - Best.Christmas.Ever!