Monday, December 27, 2010

The Christmas Hangover

Not a literal hangover, but a hangover of no work and WAY too much food, especially the sugary kind. But it's all good. I had a fabulous Christmas with my family at my brother's house. I love going to my brother's because they have a mini-farm, so there's fancy chickens and horses and dogs and cats - a veritable slew of stuff to see. On the down side, it was a bit chilly for Texas at 34 degrees.

Now, it's Monday morning and I'm back at the office, trying to pick up speed again, at least until Thursday evening. We've got Friday off for New Year's, so another three-day weekend will round out 2010.

I've been thinking some about goals for 2011, but I haven't gotten very far. I've decided to completely give up on the whole weight loss as a goal thing. It's a recipe for failure. I can't set book contracts as a goal because I don't control the outcome, so I have to set submissions as a goal. Other than that, I have some pet projects I'd like to devote more time to, so I need to factor in a couple hours a week to devote solely to those.

In good news, just before publishing took off for Christmas break, I accepted another contract with Harlequin Intrigue for a third book. It's another spooky, gothicy, Louisiana mystery and will release early 2012. In other good news, the marketing department at Harlequin selected me for the author spotlight in their newsletter next March. On the downside, I had to give them a photo, but on the upside, the photo was so cute it got me a slot on the authors and pets Harlequin blog. Check out the cuteness of my Sheltie, Bogey.

How can you not love a dog that enjoys a good book? :)

So how was your Christmas? Are you setting New Year's goals?

Deadly DeLeon

6 comments:

krisgils33 said...

very cute!!! who is reading to whom in the pic?

:-)

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL He thinks he runs the house, so if you ask him, he's doing me the favor. :)

I just love that dog. He will do anything for you.

Tori Lennox said...

That picture is so cute!!!

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Tori!

Robin Kaye said...

Awww! I love the picture! So cute! I'm setting New Years Goals, write more, eat less, exercise more, have more fun, spend more time with my family, spend less money. You know, the usual.

Unknown said...

Aww, that really is too freaking cute. You're adorable with the puppy-baby. :)

Congrats on the contract!