Monday, August 16, 2010

You Gotta Love Texas

I live in a rural farming community outside of Dallas. The nearest "city" is McKinney, Texas, which manages to have a Best Buy, Sams, Walmart, Lowes, etc. but not a single bookstore. (sigh) So I take a trip to Lowes yesterday and there's a building in the same strip center that used to be a Peter Piper Pizza, but closed down about a year ago. Apparently, people in McKinney do not think yucky pizza and overpriced video games are a good buy, but a new store opened up and I was shocked to see the parking lot full to the brim. So, wondering what kind of store was causing all the traffic in 100-degree heat on a Sunday afternoon and here's what I saw:


This is just sooooooo Texas. I laughed out loud, then of course, took a picture with my phone so that I could share. :)

Went to see The Expendables this weekend and enjoyed it. No, it doesn't have much of a plot. Yes, it is predictable. But if you want to see an ensemble cast of all the great 80's and 90's action heroes in one movie, it's lots of fun. Besides, it's got Jet Li. How can you not love Jet Li?

Deadly DeLeon

5 comments:

krisgils33 said...

why would you want to pay full price for a gun?? just sayin'.

Tori Lennox said...

I love Texas almost as much as I love Arizona. I just wish I lived in one or the other of them. *g*

Jana DeLeon said...

kirs - well, as long as it doesn't hold together like some "discount" clothing, I've purchased, I can't see any reason to pay full price. LOL

Jana DeLeon said...

Tori - you could always move. Then on the one day a month I let myself out of the house, we could have drinks. :)

Sara Reyes said...

Ya know you do have a Half Price Books in McKinney (Eldorado and 75) and the 'relocated' Legacy Books is moving to The REAL Bookstore in the Village of Fairview which is almost McKinney (spitting distance!

Just a thought