Monday, August 09, 2010

The Foot Saga

Before I launch into the foot saga, just wanted to share with you that our friend Antoine is officially viral on the Internet. He now has a t-shirt line and a ringtone. There's also a rap version of his interview on YouTube. Just search "Antoine" and you can find that and a post-interview interview.

So the foot. Well, remember I had that ganglion cyst drained on my foot - it came back. And with a vengence, so repeat of process. But this time, the entire foot was swollen and it wouldn't go down. So I'm trying anti-inflammatories and soaking it and wrapping it and propping it up, but nothing. Finally had to get a steroid shot because I could barely even put on a flip flop. So I'm standing outside, mostly on one leg, last Thursday night to water my trees. It's hot as heck here and the trees need more water as they're fairly new. Bogey, the Sheltie was outside with me, doing his running/jumping routine that only a dog descended from agility champions can do. He hasn't been outside much lately because of the heat, but I let him play some in the hose.

We go back inside and then an hour later, he's limping. By the morning, he wouldn't even step off the patio to go pee. So I had to limp into the vet with my limping dog on Friday morning. $200 later, I leave with anti-inflammatories for the dog because he sprained his toe. Seriously. A sprained toe. I don't think it was a sympathy sprain, but it's certainly odd timing.

Here's a pic of him sleeping off the great pain of the toe:


In case you can't quite figure it out, he's upside down in the chair with his head hanging off the seat. You can just make out the tip of his nose. In his non-injured-toe days, he also likes to sleep in odd ways:

As a parting gift - you've seen those motivational posters, right? The ones on Success, Positive Thinking, etc. And my guess is many of you have seen the de-motivational posters - especially, the epic Fail posters. Here's one to share that we can all appreciate:


That's all I've got this morning - have a great week!

Deadly DeLeon

9 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

Sorry to hear about the foot and the puppy toe. Fingers crossed all the anti-inflamatories anti-inflame things.

Becky LeJeune said...

Hope both your feet are better soon.

Thanks for the "Fail" shot. That just made my day!

Jana DeLeon said...

Terri - It was quite a week at the DeLeon house. Who knew feet could be such an issue!

Jana DeLeon said...

Becky - I thought this readership might particularly appreciate that shot. :)

krisgils33 said...

so, your saga really isn't all that funny, but your story-telling did make me laugh. guess that's why you're a writer, huh? I hope both you and the dog get well soon.

Jana DeLeon said...

kris - oh, if you knew me well, it would make you laugh regardless of my story-telling ability. I am one of those people that my best friends always say "this could only happen to you." In fact, on the way to the vet on Friday, I called one of my best friends and said "I'm going to make you feel better about your life." And she knew a "jana only" story would follow. :)

Tori Lennox said...

Hugs to you and Bogey!!!

LOL re the Fail poster!!!

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Tori!

Elysa said...

Poor Bogey. Poor you. :-) Hope you're both back to quasi-norm ASAP.

Bogey looks just like my female Sheltie, Koty did. She passed away on Valentine's Day 2009. Sure do miss her.

Elysa