Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter (a day late)

Had the big Easter do at my parents yesterday. It's not really a "big" do as there's only me, my parents, my bro and sil and my niece, but we sure do eat well - steaks, baked potato, salad, pie. Yum. My niece is five so we do the whole hide-the-eggs thing. Since her mom doesn't like her to eat a ton of candy, and I knew my mom would do the traditional Easter basket, I bought Easter shoes - two pairs of Skechers that feature a lot of pink. She really likes pink...and shoes. We're not related at all. :)

My brother knows some interesting people and usually has funny stories about them. He shared one yesterday that I thought I'd put "out there" as I can see people having some fun with this one - assuming they don't get arrested.

A guy had neighbors across the street with one of those portable basketball goals. They always left it in the street where it was difficult to get cars around or out of driveways. They played late into the night - loudly - and no amount of asking politely worked in toning it down. (sounds like most of the parents I know who don't care who their kids bother as long as it's not them - god forbid, the people who gave birth)

So the guy finally got fed up and listed the basketball goal on craigslist.com for free if someone would come pick it up. I know it's not right, but that is just funny. Unfortunately, the parents were there when the taker showed up and started loading the goal into his truck. They threatened to call the police, the taker showed them the craigslist ad, and the parents got the hint. Or they figured they won't always be at home, so they may need to actually parent their children or they might find their goal missing.

Same guy has a no soliciting sign on his house and came home one day to find a flier on his door. He was hacked because he has a sign, so he called the business (a cleaning business) and asked why they leave their garbage on his door when he clearly has a no soliciting sign. The woman got angry and told him off. So he hung up the phone, logged onto craigslist and posted an ad for "nude cleaning service" with all the woman's information.

I don't want to hack this guy off as he is quite happy with the craigslist trigger, but I still have to smile, especially after the SEVEN times my doorbell rang on Saturday when I was trying to work. It's SUPER aggravating.

If you like pranks on people - I have another link for you re. craigslist. This guy writes cl ad people and messes with them by email, then he posts the exchanges on his blog. Remember the old days when people did the phone pranks for radio stations? That's this guy with new technology. I get a charge out of him.

Emails from an A-hole

Deadly DeLeon

6 comments:

Hellie Sinclair said...

I loved the site. I should not laugh at that guy's emails...and if I were one of these people, I certainly wouldn't think it's funny--though I think if you go around asking for a FREE graphic design logo, you're asking for trouble. Why don't you ask them to write you a FREE novel while they're at it...or a FREE painting for your living room wall. WTH.

The Craigslist guy sounds HILARIOUS.

Thanks for making my Monday!

Tori Lennox said...

Love the Craigslist dude! Maybe we should try that with our junkyard neighbor's crap. *g*

MG Braden said...

Well, now I've wasted way too much time on that site. I can't seem to look away.

Jana DeLeon said...

You're welcome MsHellion! I know I shouldn't find it funny, but I'm only human - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Jana DeLeon said...

Tori - I see some serious advantages to that ploy, especially as I have friends all over the world and it can't be tracked back to me. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL MG - Sorry for getting you hooked. I know I lost a piece of lifetime there, but it's just a train-wreck, right?