Thursday, April 08, 2010

Freaky Weather

This was the scene outside my front window the day before yesterday. My daughter took this picture after she called to let me know we were getting golf ball sized hail, my first thought to get photographic evidence for the insurance claims' adjuster.

This is not the kind of spring I'd hoped for after the winter that wouldn't end. We've got from hauling snow to hauling our keesters to the basement when the tornado sirens go off.
I guess I'm fortunate our hail was just egg-sized and I didn't find any visible damage. Counties to the north of us received baseball sized whoppers. On one car lot every car on the lot (over a hundred vehicles) was damaged due to the hail.

If this is an early indication of what our severe storm season is going to be like, we're in deep doodoo.

Working the early shift today so I'll check in tonight!

Have a great day!

~Bullet Hole~

4 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I'd heard of golf ball-sized hail, but never actually seen it. That's amazing.

Sure hope things level out and this crazy stuff goes away. We're sitting over here on the east coast covered in pollen. I'd give anything for a good strong downpour right now. And so would my sinuses.

Tori Lennox said...

The weather has been so amazingly (and not in a good way) freaky lately!

Kathy Bacus said...

As a long-time sufferer, I hear you on the sinus stuff, too Terri.

And I think this past storm system was just a little preview of coming attractions here. One poor group of runners from a college just north of me were out running cross-country when the heavens rained down baseballs and they took refuge in a ditch. They looked like they'd gone ten rounds with Rocky Balboa afterwards--just bruised and battered all over. They had to be treated at a local hospital. Crazee stuff...

~Kat~

Kathy Bacus said...

Floods, earthquakes, hail, tsunami warnings...

Wrath of God weather for sure, Tori!

~Kat~