Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What Happens In The Capitol, Stays In The Capitol!

With Naughty Nikki - the First Person I Didn't Know Who Bought My Book at 1st Signing




With My Fabu Critique Partner, Janene & Jessa & Joey (where's Betty?) Our Friends From Portland




Triplets - According to Cherry Adair and Jordan Dane, You Can't Tell the 3 of Us Apart



I Get to Pose With the Amazing Terrio!


Two Million Pounds of Sushi With My Agent & Her Clients at The Sake Club



Me with the Amazing and Fabulous Simone Elkeles!




Susan Harden wins the Bombay set with her Coney Island Lemonade! E-mail me at leslie@leslielangtry.com!

Just got back from the Romance Writers of America national conference in Washington DC and had a great time. Ate a lot of sushi and didn't break too many laws, that I know of.


Had a few times where I played a little hooky, like when Simone Elkeles and I served as protection for Ally Carter at Politics & Prose signing and then later accompanied her to do some research at the Spy Museum. I don't think I'll ever forget the petite and lovely Ally as she hiked up her skirt and pink jacket and climbed into the ducts to spy on the other visitors.


And a huge thanks to Simone when I forgot my room key and she let me crash in her room. Why does she put up with me?


I don't know how much sushi I ate at the Sake Club, but it was enough to make me mainline Pepcid for a week. A huge thanks to the gals from Portland who found Janene and I wandering lost in the Marriott Wardman the first night and invited us to take the metro to Dupont Circle for a drink.


Thanks to Cherry Adair for entertaining us all during a fire alarm situation with the speech for the RITA she hoped she wouldn't have to give. I was rooting for her. And then there was Naughty Nikki and Joyful Joy who kept us up all night drinking and tormenting a guy who was trying to con us.


So now, I'm back. Away from the glamorous world of the romance writer and back to reality. I did get to share a second night of sushi with my friend Becca, whose husband Josh is deployed with Mr. Assassin. And I spent one incredible night with my baby brother, Nathan, Kay and Callie and a very enthusiastic pup named Tangles. Cake was involved. Need I say more?


Now, back to work...


The Assassin

14 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

EEK! I made the blog! You were totally awesome last week and thank you for adopting me on Saturday afternoon. LOL! And now I can say, we'll always have Paris. :) Or rather, I will. Bwahahahahaha...to Sin.

I still wish Cherry would have won so she could have given that speech. Wouldn't the Inspy writers have loved it?

Leslie Langtry said...

No, you were totally awesome. I do wish Cherry had won. Although there would've been a lynch mob.

susan said...

Love the pictures..you all look like you had such fun..so happy for you. susan L.

Nikki Duncan said...

It was, as always, great to spend time with you.

Hellie Sinclair said...

I totally would have loved to hear (a recounting) of Cherry's RITA speech if she won. It sounded hysterical, just in the tidbits you shared on the phone.

And thanks for calling me from RWA! Wooot! It was like I was there! I'm glad you adopted Terri. She needs someone to keep her in line. She's too serious.

Leslie Langtry said...

Hellie! I had to call. It was too fun. As I recall, Cherry's speech was really the anti-speech, where she goes through who she should thank and then talks about why they don't deserve thanks.

Terri Osburn said...

Wouldn't me being too serious mean someone needs to knock me out of line?

Leslie Langtry said...

What??? Terrio is too serious??? Did I meet her funny twin?

Terri Osburn said...

I promise that was me.

See, Hellie! *sticks out tongue*

Leslie Langtry said...

Hey, I know this is off topic, but I'm shaving the puppy tonight (Thanks Nikki!). I have a feeling that might be next week's topic.

Terri Osburn said...

Shaving the Puppy. Nice euphemism...

Leslie Langtry said...

That would be a good euphemism! But no, in this case it is literally, a puppy.

Hellie Sinclair said...

Well, I should say Terri is the serious one compared the rest of the people on the ship. The rest of the crew is a bunch of wild, shiftless hobos who go around yelling "Anarchy!", all jacked up on Mountain Dew.

Terri wouldn't have to be TOO serious to outdo us.

Shaving the puppy. That IS a good euphemnism.

Anonymous said...

You're an idiot.