Friday, July 17, 2009

Goodies in the mail!

I got the most awesome thing in the mail this week. Look!





It’s an adorable baby quilt made by “Auntie” Jenyfer Mathews. Isn’t she talented? Baby is so lucky, because mommy can’t even sew a button on straight. Anyway, if you can’t see them, those are adorable little animals in the squares, saying stuff like “Quack, woof, neigh”. Super cute. And the bright blue is perfect! Jenyfer – you totally rock, girl!

Another thing that was tucked into my package from Jenyfer were two books – “Shoe Addicts Anonymous” and “The Yoga Mamas”. Yay! I was so psyched to see that little surprised as I’ve completely exhausted my TBR pile, something I never thought in a million years would happen. But, with all the down time I’ve been forced to take while growing the critter, I’ve been reading way more than normal. Which, I’m loving. But, I’m low on books now. Anyone have some good recommendations? I’m still waiting for Amazon to send me “I Shot You Babe”. (Stupid slow Amazon… what, did they sell out or something? Didn’t they anticipate the huge demand for this book? That’ll teach them to buy more next time…)

Needless to say, my favorite genres to read are mystery, comedy, or romantic suspense. But, I’m always open to new genres, too. So… read any good books lately? Written any good books lately? Gimme some recommendations for the weekend.



~Trigger Happy Halliday

10 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

The quilt is darling!!!

I finished reading my first Ellen Byerrum book last night (Grave Apparel) which I loved. Now I want to read the rest of the series.

Now I'm reading the latest Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes book, The Language of Bees by Laurie King.

Gemma Halliday said...

I remember reading the first couple of those Mary Russell books while I was in college and I really enjoyed them. I think there was one I got stuck on, but maybe I should try them again.

I LOVE Ellen Byerrum! In fact, I think a couple of her books were just made into TV movies for Lifetime.

~Gemma

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Funny thing was that I made that quilt way before your post on all baby boy clothes being covered in animals. I don't think there are any ducks on there though :)

Enjoy the books!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is adorable. I love funny mystery series (like yours). Have you read Stephanie Bond's Body Movers (6 books so far)? ..... Mo

Brandy said...

I just read Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell, and enjoyed it. *G* Gorgeous baby quilt!

Gemma Halliday said...

Funny thing was that I made that quilt way before your post on all baby boy clothes being covered in animals. I don't think there are any ducks on there though :)

Lol! These animals are super cute. It’s just when they put big duck faces on the butts of baby onsies that I have issue with . ;) Actually, most of the stuff (bassinet/car seat/etc.) we’ve gotten for baby is safari/animal themed – so this is perfect!

~Gemma

Gemma Halliday said...

I haven't read the Body Movers series yet. I've seen it everywhere, though. Maybe I'll pick one up. Is it better to read them in order?

And adding "Secondhand Spirits" to the list!

~Gemma

Anonymous said...

I feel the Body Movers series is best read in order. Lots of character development as you move through the books. Enjoy .... Mo

Gemma Halliday said...

Thanks, Mo! I'm off to Borders tomorrow, so I'll look for the first one.

P.S. "I Shot You babe" finally arrived today!! I had planned on savoring the new Bombay book, making its fabulousness last... but I read the whole thing in two hours. It rocked!!

~Gemma

AussieT said...

Dangerous Days by J. William Turner, listed on-line by Amazon.com and Eloquent Books/AEG Publishing. Four separate but connected stories inside the one book cover. It has both suspense and mystery, plus a little bit of young love, especially in stories 2 & 3