Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rental Recommendations

I'm still scraping, caulking, priming, and painting here, guys. The weather has cooperated big time. We've only hit 90 degrees once during the entire month of July and today's high is expected to be in the mid-70s. In other words, perfect exterior painting weather. So far I'm liking the color although I gotta say 'herbal wash' isn't exactly something one can overlook as hair highlights but it's definitely better than the country brown.

Anyway, I've been doing double duty for like ever and haven't rented a DVD in ages. If it's been released in the last six months on DVD, I probably haven't seen it. So I decided that once I finish up my painting tasks for the day today, I'm going to order a pizza and rent a movie. Trouble is, I want a sure-fire entertaining one. I like romantic comedies and thrillers but have a low tolerance for 'dumb' movies (I hated Dumb and Dumber). So do me a favor and give me some suggestions on movies you've seen and liked so I can pick a winner when I make my selection.

Thanks folks!

Now back to painting...

Blah.

~Bullet Hole~



7 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

It's a bit older than six months, but I highly recommend Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day. Wonderful romantic comedy set in the late 30s/early 40s I think. Which is a time period I love.

Cute but never stupid. Very intelligent dialogue. Another I liked more than expected was Defintitely Maybe. Surprisingly sweet and it's Ryan Reynolds being neither over the top stupid or guns blazing action dude.

Good luck with the painting!

tetewa said...

I just watched He's not that into you the other night and it was a fun romantic comedy. It also had quite a big cast with lots of actors and actresses.

Gemma Halliday said...

I finally just saw Quantum of Solace on DVD. Loved it! Highly recommend. And, if you're in a writing mood, Daniel Craig always inspires me. ;)

~Gemma

Terry S said...

Have you seen "Stardust"? Fun, romantic adventure with Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer (and they are not the leads) based on book by Neil Gaiman.

Suzan Harden said...

Honestly, I've been in the favorite standbys mode lately. The Wedding Singer, When Harry Met Sally, The Whole Nine Yards. . .

Kathy Bacus said...

Just finished for the night and I'm ready to head out to the video place. I think I'll actually rent two movies. Terrio's 'Miss Pettigrew caught my eye some time ago so I think I'll pick that up and my daughters agree with Gemma that 'Q of S' featuring Daniel Craig is guaranteed to please. This way I get a vintage rom-com, as well as an action movie with some, er, inspiration...

Thanks, all!

~Kathy who is looking forward to sitting down with popcorn to watch my flicks~

Anonymous said...

huh.. attractive thread..