By Robin 'Red Hot' Kaye
I recently wrote a blog about that moment you know you’re in love. It was a top ten list for my heroines—who tend to have a more difficult time realizing they’re in love.
For some reason, my heroes are usually faster out of the blocks than my heroines when it comes to the whole love issue. I don’t know if this is because I tend to write difficult women who really have no need for a man in their lives, or because I enjoy watching a man chase the woman and drag her kicking and screaming into the deep abyss of love with him. It’s probably the latter because really, what woman alive doesn’t want to be wooed or pushed and pursued? Yeah, let’s face it, we all get a little bit weak-kneed when we see a man willing to chase a woman, doing all sorts of embarrassing things to win her heart.
So let’s examine the hero’s top ten list—You know you’re in love when…
10. You find yourself calling her to tell her you’re meeting your buddies for a basketball game and beer. Granted, you’re not asking permission, you’re just checking in with her…gulp.
9. You don’t like the fact that your friends think your girlfriend is hot—something that’s never bothered you with any other girlfriend. It’s one thing for you to picture your girlfriend naked; it’s a whole other thing for your buddies to.
8. You buy her some of those women’s razors so she isn’t tempted to use yours when she spends the night.
7. You go to spend the evening with her even though she’s sick and you know you won’t be getting any...anything other than exposure to the creeping crud and the don’t-touch-me-I’m-sick look.
6. You find yourself stopping to pick up movies that can’t be played in a Godfather marathon, starring people like Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts, and Sandra Bullock instead of Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and The Rock.
5. You agree to go shopping with her and when you realize you’re the only man holding a purse and not wearing a wedding band, you might start to sweat but you don’t run.
4. You notice every other man who notices her, and want to pound him into the pavement when he does.
3. Your medicine cabinet contains condoms and her toothbrush, a basket of make-up suddenly appears on the counter and you don’t freak when you reach under the sink and instead of discovering a roll of toilet paper, your hand hits a box of tampons.
2. You realize Chocolate is a major food group for her and you purchase so much of it, you consider buying stock in Ghiradelli.
And the number one reason you know you’re in love is:
You’re a guy. You look at her one day, and you just know.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
By Robin 'Red Hot' Kaye