Monday, April 18, 2011

Make Me Scream.....4?

Of course, being a horror buff, I could not let the weekend pass without seeing Scream 4. I was not disappointed. It's not great cinema and the plot was easy to figure out - especially someone who tends to write murder for a living, but the original cast was back - the ones that lived through the first three Screams anyway. That's always a huge plus. The theme was still the movie motiff, but light on the movie trivia, which was somewhat disappointing. Also lost were some opportunities for real bitchy comments by character Gail Weathers. Overall, a good movie and really good for #4 in a slasher series. Still all in good fun.

Now, if you want to know what makes me scream, it's the staff at Taco Bueno. They are the biggest representative case of failure to listen since politicians. Every time I go there, I get the same thing. I order. They ask if I want hot sauce. I say no. Then I pull up to the window. The girl takes my money and asks if I want hot sauce. I say no. Then the girl hands me my bag of food and it contains no less than six packages of hot sauce. Mind you, I can't get a packet of ketchup from McDonalds without threatening to rob them and a napkin...forget it! You have to be the Grim Reaper to get napkins. But hot sauce at Taco Bueno is plentiful and apparently toxic at the rate they force it out of the store.

So what about you? Done any screaming lately?

Deadly DeLeon

6 comments:

krisgils33 said...

my muscles are screaming today....if that counts. after our reliable and inexpensive painter guy gave us a huge price quote to re-do the basement playroom, we've been doing it ourselves...scraping textured paint off. hubby doesn't want to do the low spots because "it hurts his back". well, guess what? i may be short, but the low spots hurt my back, too!!!! okay, so that doesn't have a thing to do with either Scream 4 or the hot sauce at Taco Bueno, but there it is.

Terri Osburn said...

Not a horror fan so I'll skip the movie, and not a Mexican food fan either, so no hot sauce for me, forced or otherwise.

The screaming I did this weekend was at people driving vehicles barely at or well under the speed limit yet refusing to get out of the fast lane. Chaps my buns every dang time.

Can you tell this was a roadtrip weekend?

debbie said...

I'm not a horror fan or a mexican food fan either. And I had a road trip weekend too. But everyone was going at good clip. So no screaming from me. But I was singing along with the radio so my kids probably that a cat was being tortured by the sound of my voice....lol

Jana DeLeon said...

kris - you have my sympathies. I loathe painting. I think a long, hot bubble bath with many, many glasses of wine are in order.

Jana DeLeon said...

Terri - I do that version of Scream every morning on the way to work. Amazing how many people in this world have absolutely nothing to do. sigh

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL Debbie - I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I always say "the reason I play an instrument is because I do NOT sing."