Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Love Bites: the story behind the story

Happy vampire news! I have new short story out. It's called Love Bites and it's the only vampire novella I've ever written. There's a bit of a story behind this one as well. You see, a few years ago, I was asked to write a fun story for The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2. And in typical Angie fashion, I jumped to it.
I always know where my plots are going, but I let the characters develop along the way. And in this book, the characters decided to get it on. For about a chapter. It's a lot hotter than my usual style, but worked perfectly for the story.
Well, the editor saw it and had me tone things down for the book that came out in 2009. So I did. But it made me kind of sad because I loved the steamy parts. I thought that was it until the advent of all of this e-publishing technology. So now, I've put my version of Love Bites out as a two-dollar download. This is my "director's cut" and I like it so much better. The characters are sure having more fun. And, hey, they're getting more exercise too. Exercise is good, right?
Anyhow, it's up on Amazon, Nook and other formats right now, so I invite you to take a look. In the meantime, here's the blurb:
Vampire Princess Katarina Volholme D'Transylvania didn't kill her stony, passionless husband, but she's not shedding too many tears, either. That is until her father arranges another marriage for her three days after the funeral. She's tired of being used, ignored and married off. And so she runs...
Royal Bodyguard Fionnlagh MacLaomainn doesn't know much about the maverick princess on the lamb. He just needs to bring her back in time for the wedding. But when he manages to capture her on the back of his Harley, their wild ride takes them to places neither one of them could have ever imagined.

1 comment:

Diane Kelly said...

How flattering to be asked to write for an anthology! I hope that happens to me someday!