Friday, May 08, 2009

The Ultrasound

Yesterday I had my first ultrasound of the baby. Oh my God, so fun! The tech was super nice, gave me a nice table to lay on, rubbed the gook on my belly, and – voila – a baby appeared on the screen! Modern technology is the coolest. While he checked all the vital organ stuff, I cooed and awed over every fuzzy little image. Ultrasounds have come a long way since I lat did this! I could actually see what I was looking at this time around. I swear, at one point, Little Bump actually waved at me. The boy was totally enthralled and kept coming over to rub my belly and say “hi” back. The tech recorded everything on a dvd for us, so you know what I’ll be watching over and over and over…

Finally all the vitals checked out (sigh of relief), the due date was confirmed (marking it on my calendar in red now), and the tech reassured us that there was indeed only one baby cooking in there (HUGE sigh of relief). Then came the all-important question: did we want to know the sex of the baby?

Oh, buddy, do we ever. Luckily Little Bump decided to be cooperative and gave us a very clear view. And the results...



...it’s a boy! (No, that's not a pic of his little thingie, it's his head. I thought this end was better for public display. :) )

Okay, I know I was telling everyone to think pink, but as soon as he said “baby boy”, I was thrilled. And now that we have a color, let the baby shopping commence!


~Trigger (and blue) Happy Halliday

10 comments:

Christie Craig said...

Ahh Gemma,

Congrats! He's a cutie.

So . . . what's the name?

CC

housemouse88 said...

Congrats on the boy!!!! Have a great day.

Gemma Halliday said...

Thanks, ladies!

No idea for names yet. I was waiting on gender to start looking. Time to buy a baby name book I think. :)

~Gemma

Kristi said...

Congratulations. I'm happy for you all.

LuAnn said...

Yep! That's a baby all right. No doubt about it.
Isn't it amazing how we can see the little ones so early now. Very cool.

catslady said...

Another big congratulations. One of my girls was sucking her thumb in our ultrasound but it wasn't as high tech as they have today! Really neat to get a video too.

Refhater said...

Congrats on the baby! There is so much fun baby boy stuff to shop for. Glad to hear that he's happy and healthy!

Gemma Halliday said...

Another big congratulations. One of my girls was sucking her thumb in our ultrasound but it wasn't as high tech as they have today! Really neat to get a video too.My older son did that, too! In fact he was born that way - ouch. But, yeah, the pic was super fuzzy back then, and I wasn't really sure if it was a baby or a muppet.

~Gemma

Caffey said...

Gemma, I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy this beautiful journey!! Hugs!

Keri Ford said...

Congrats Gemma!