Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Happy Dancin’ in the Heartland: School’s Out!

I’m 'CELEBRATING LARGE’ as Crime Christie has been known to say. Yesterday I finished my final final—that is, the last exam in the final class I need to finish my Criminal Justice degree. I can at long last experience a sense of immense satisfaction at accomplishing a long-term goal—and, maybe more noteworthy, savor the sweet taste of FREEDOM! It’s been quite the challenge. But I’m done!

So now what?

Well, first, of course, is the obligatory happy dance. I’m no Shawn Johnson ala Dancing With the Stars (okay, so Cloris Leachman puts me to shame tripping the light fantastic) but this good ol’ cowgirl still knows how to kick up her heels when the occasion calls for it. And believe me, this is one occasion worth risking a hip dislocation for.

I suspect I’ll have a little spring in my step for some time to come.

So what else am I looking forward to doing now that I’ve finished classes?

Time!

Time to write. Time to read. Time to walk. Time to garden. Time to relax. Time to watch a movie or catch up on my favorite programs via reruns. Time to chill.

Oh. I forgot. I’ve got a couple of projects to do this summer. Like a new garage roof and siding project. Major backyard landscaping. A bathroom renovation. Lower level decluttering and rehab. And a heckuva garage sale to organize during the Sprint Car Nationals.

Suddenly the thrill of victory is turning into the agony of ‘de feet’ as I contemplate the list of ‘to-dos’ I’ve let languish in pursuit of an enhanced resume and credentials.

Still, I’m determined to enjoy the fruits of my labors and take advantage of some long overdue unstructured time. Today I’m taking the girls shoe shopping, yours truly book shopping, and then I’m off to the greenhouse to treat myself to some flowers, plants, and shrubs.

It’s ‘toot your horn day’ at Killer Fiction. What goals have you set for yourself and what did you do to celebrate reaching your goal? What accolades (such as a 4 ½ Stars Top Pick RT Review, ay, Christie?) have you received or what kudos came your way that you can boast about? Any new goals you care to share?

My goal for today? Simply enjoy a ‘girls day out’ with my daughters. Now that’s what I call ‘celebrating large’!

Have a great day!

~Bullet Hole~

8 comments:

Linda C said...

Oh Kathy, Congrats!!!!

I know how that feels. Took me 10 years to get my BBA and another 5 for my Masters. Haven't set any goals lately, but maybe next year.

Celebrate large!!!!

Linda

Christie Craig said...

Kathy. . .

WOW! You deserve a huge round of applause. YEAH!!!! (Hear me clapping?)

I hope you get all the TIME you need to do everything your heart desires.

My latest accomplishment is that I wrote The End to my third DD&D book. I'm doing the final nip and tuck polish, but it's done so I'll join you in a little happy dance. What a pair we'll make. Though I'm sure you'll get higher scores than I, if judged on our dancing talent, I'll give it a shot.

Congrats girl. I can't wait to see what you will accomplish next. You inspire me.

CC

Suzan Harden said...

Way to go, Kathy! Take a little time off before you start on those summer projects. You deserve it!

LuAnn said...

Wow! Good for you. That's quite an ambitious undertaking and you did it!
Congrats.

Terry S said...

Congratulations, Kathy!!!
This is a huge accomplishment that deserves hugs, pats on the back, and a kicking up your heels celebration. Bask in the glory!

Refhater said...

Congrats!

Estella said...

Copngrautlations!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, Kathy! Congrats!

Now, when you're done with your garage roof, you just hop on over here to my house and I'll put you to work. I have projects going in every room - they never get finished, mind you. I just start them. lol.

Faye