Wednesday, November 09, 2011

PARADISE BY THE RIFLE SIGHTS is out!



Okay, so it's technically been out for a couple of weeks, but this was the first chance I got to say it on this blog. Paris Bombay's novella is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords! So buy it today!


Jana & Leslie's Excellent Adventure!

Jana and I had a great time in Florida at the Novelists, Inc. conference last month. We drank, ate, and learned some stuff. We had an awesome view from our Tropical Suite - which, while it did NOT, in fact, come with a toucan, had a toucan motif.

The food was good, the company better - and I took a notebook full of notes. Although I did feel a bit Amish using something as prehistoric as a pen and paper, when everyone else was clicking away on iPads around me. What? I like to doodle.

The speakers came from Penguin (not the bird, to my disappointment), TOR, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, among others. And the authors were smart, funny and not to be patronized - which is nice.

At the same time, in the same hotel, there was a mixed martial arts conference and an herbalist conference. The lobby reeked of testosterone and Patchoulli.

The biggest message was that this is the best time to be a writer. And seeing the post where Gemma says she sold half a million ebooks last year, I think they may be right.

So now that PARADISE is up, I'm going to get to work on another project - a collection of short stories featuring Bombay hits through history. I think that will be fun... almost as much fun as if we'd had a live toucan in our room. Maybe next year...

The Assassin

6 comments:

krisgils33 said...

I loved Paris' story!! It was such fun. (as were all the others in the Bombay family!!!)

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks Kris! I haven't had much feedback on what my fans think yet - well, except for Mom, who loves it.

Terri Osburn said...

The novella is awesome, as expected. (I did have one tiny adverse reaction to it, but I'm past that. Really. *twitches*)

Happy to hear you gals had fun at the conference. I could go for some tropics right now. We need to create a writers colony. On Costa Rica.

Leslie Langtry said...

What adverse reaction? ;) Glad you liked it.

PATRICIA said...

Thanks for another Bombay Book. Just ordered it from Amazon for my Kindle. Can't wait to read it.

Robin Kaye said...

Ooh, I can't wait to read it! And since I'm sick and in bed, I might just download it and curl up with my three-legged cat...