Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Leslie Langtry, the Tsilver Tsunami!

Disclaimer - the following photos are not for the faint of heart.


As you can see, the gray is really growing in fast. I knew y'all'd want an update. Not bad, right? At some point, I'm going to have to cut the red out. Jana made me promise I wouldn't let it get all frizzy and dry like "an old witch."

And I've got a list of snappy comebacks when someone asks me what happened. It will be a shock to those who haven't seen me in a few months when I'm all silver. So here goes:


1) I got scared... all of a sudden.
2) I was President of the United States last month.
3) WHAT? My hair is GRAY??? (grab person by shoulders and shake violently while swearing and spitting) $#@!&!!!

Now, for the fun stuff. I'm getting ready to put a book up for sale that, while some agents and editors loved it, they said it wasn't "marketable" - which is a euphemism for more swearing.

Originally called, THE ADULTERER'S UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO DISNEY WORLD, this is the book I wrote just before Gin Bombay's saga. I changed the Disney World to Family Vacations - since I'm going it alone, and not that stupid (well, not anymore at least).

Anyway, this book is a departure from my others. There's no mystery, murder for hire and for some reason it has lots of sex (which means my mom, dad and any male relations may NOT read it) - but it's still humor - so that's okay, right? I've been messing around with covers and wanted to get your opinion. What do you, my minions, think? And please be honest.



I still have no idea how to make pictures appear side-by-side. Sorry about that. I really don't get how this blogger thing works. I assume there's a magical hamster inside somewhere.

Oh, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The Assassin

16 comments:

krisgils33 said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Your hair looks way cool! For some inexplicable reason, I like the starfish best. The fish in a bowl looks kinda like boobies to me. :-)

Leslie Langtry said...

Ha Ha! Kris said "boobies!"
Um, sorry. Became 12 for a moment. Thanks Kris!

Jamie Dierks said...

I really like the middle picture the best. But on all three, the black font seems to bother me. I really think it takes away from the whole picture. But all three have great merits.

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks Jamie! I think you may be right!

Terri Osburn said...

You are braver than I. Buying a box of hair color today, as a matter of fact. LOL! But you'll rock the gray. I have no doubt. And I hope I'm there when you pull reaction #3 on someone.

I finished a book last night that is very similar to this one. :) It was AWESOME!! Holy sex scene, batgirl.

Leslie Langtry said...

Disclosure - Terri was my beta reader for Adulterer's Guide. She's referring to that. Yay!

Janece Hudson said...

I love the starfish!

Leslie Langtry said...

oh! I forgot to mention - they are blurry and say "fotolia" on them because I haven't bought the images yet.

Terri Osburn said...

Forgot to say my fav cover. Still the pink one. Love that added touch of the shoes and tie. LOL! That really fits the book.

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks Terri - and thanks for "suffering" through all those explicit love scenes.

Mo said...

Your grey look awesome. You are lucky it ia such an even lovely silver color.

I like the art work on the pink cover but not the pink. The shoes and tie are great.

Leslie Langtry said...

Hmmm...not the pink...I'll look at that again.

Christie Craig said...

Leslie,

Love the photos. Good luck girl. Go for it. And I think I like the pink image, too. It just seems to go with the title best.

CC

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks Christie!

Jamie Dierks said...

I forgot to say in my earlier post, go you! It takes a lot of effort to grow a color out without shaving your head. I just bought a box of hair color to touch up the roots because I couldn't get into my stylist before Thanksgiving. I fear I'll be coloring for many years to come. BTW, my mom is 67 and has never had a gr--silver hair. Of course I didn't inherit that DNA.

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks Jamie! I'm enjoying it.