Sunday, November 25, 2012

Guest Blogger!

Today, I have a real treat. When Mary Koppel contacted me months ago, asking for advice as she was co-authoring her first book, I tried to help, as much as anyone can second-guess the publishing business. Well, I'm happy to announce that their book is now in final edits and will be available soon. I was so intrigued by the women that I invited them to guest blog today. Read this post and you'll see why.


Hi y’all! My name is Mary Koppel. You might be wondering why I am writing on this awesome blog and not the delightful and talented Jana Deleon. Well, the wonderful Jana Deleon invited me to write because I am big fan and I have written a book!

A few months back, my co-author Laurie Brock and I started writing a book called “Where God Hides Holiness: Thoughts on Grief, Joy and the Search for Fabulous Heels.” I was also reading one of Jana Deleon’s books and wondered what advice she might have for a struggling writer. I contacted her, and she replied and offered help and support (not unlike some of her wonderful female characters who offer each other support in her novels, I might add). She said she would let me write about our soon to be released book on the blog. So here I am, typing away.

I am a big fan of women’s fiction and of Ms. Deleon’s books. I love the mystery, romance and excitement wrapped up in each of these novels. I love stepping into another woman’s life and seeing her experience from her point of view. That experience, in turn, informs and helps me in my experience of life.

I hope that you will have that same experience when you read my book. “Where God Hides Holiness: Thoughts on Grief, Joy and the Search for Fabulous Heels” is the story of three years in the life of my co-author and myself who are Episcopal priests where we struggled through heartbreak, loss, betrayal and overwhelming joy and love. Even though our book is non-fiction, our book is about our experiences as women, and I believe that our book has something that can relate to you.

I hope that you will buy my book “Where God Hides Holiness:Thoughts on Grief, Joy, and the Search for Fabulous Heels.” It is available at amazon.com. If you would like to learn more about it, or its authors, please look at our blog Dirty Sexy Ministry.

Thank you so much, Jana! Thank you so much readers!  

How can you not love two women with a blog called Dirty Sexy Ministry, who have a sense of humor, and a desire for fabulous shoes? Or blog posts entitled How to Date a Priest?

The book will be available soon. I hope you check it out!

Deadly DeLeon



No comments: