Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Giving My Minions What They Ask For...

Well, I finally jumped on the bus and boxed up the whole schlemiel.  What's great about this, is that I had Kim Killion of Hot Damn Designs go through all five e-files, clean them up (I'd made some, ahem, errors when I put them up 2 yrs. ago) and format them into a bundle. 

It was a looooong weekend going through all 8 million pages, uploading this Calibre for Amazon and Sigil for Nook.  In fact, I spent most of Saturday doing it wrong.  Sunday morning, I realized what I'd done wrong (and yes, you shouldn't drink and format - I know that now) and got it going.

Why am I doing a box set?  Because Gemma does them!  Duh!

Okay, seriously, I've had more than 100,000 downloads of 'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy during it's free reign.  Most folks scooped up the other books, one at a time, but I've heard from a number of people that they'd prefer a one-shot deal to grab them all at a deal. 

That makes sense to me, because I'm a reader of series mysteries and romance.  After I read one, if there's a box set, I'll get that instead of downloading them each individually (although I had no patience with the Game of Thrones series so I missed the opportunity there, dammit).

I guess you could say that I give the people what they ask for.  And now, I'd better get back to writing, so I can give them another Bombay book soon, before they get pitchforks and find out where I live...

The Assassin

5 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I love how all the pictures go together on the spines. You're a boxed set! And it's not a box of wine. :)

Amazing how things have changed. Who'd a thunk any of us would be able to do this sort of thing (mostly) on our own?

Leslie Langtry said...

It is amazing. Hmmm...wine in a box...

Mo said...

I too love series and boxed sets. I'd buy yours except, well, I already own them (and love them!!)

Leslie Langtry said...

No problem Mo. I LOVE fans like you!

Unknown said...

I've already read the series. I'm glad you did the box set for the ones that were thinking of reading it. I'm here to let everyone know you will enjoy reading them. I recommended them to one of my friends and she read the 1st on on a flight back from the east coast. She said the people sitting around her kept looking at her because she would just bust out laughing