Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Running shoes? Check. Zombies? Wait...

Something happened last week that still has me grinning every time I think about it. "The Run for Your Lives" Zombie-infested 5K is coming to St. Louis.

Now I've been stalking this race for awhile. They've been doing it in lots of other cities for the past few years. And the website cracks me up.

Basically, this is a 5K obstacle course where zombies try to "eat" you. Now this not being the actual end of civilization as we know it, the zombie threat is more to your ego. Each runner is given a race belt with flags. And similar to flag football, the flags can be torn off until none are left. At that point, you are a zombie. You can still run the race because, you know, it takes a bit for the virus to transform you. But you have to admit, it will call for a lifestyle change.

Someone took a chest-camera video of the race in Baltimore last year. Cracks me up every time I watch it (which is too much according to my daughter).

So if you're a runner or if you think you might be chased by zombies some day, check it out. And if anybody wants to run from zombies with me, we're getting a team together for the 3:00 p.m. wave on August 18 in St. Louis. Sign up for Team Fox. We'll be plotting our survival strategy and getting some cool t-shirts. I'll also bring a box of Twinkies for the end (Zombieland fans will know we need them).

4 comments:

Robin Kaye said...

Oh my God, Angie - That looks amazing! I want to be a Zombie--I've never been much of a runner, but I'm good at scaring people and catching them. Just ask my kids *grin*

Brandy said...

Ooh, I wish we had this here. I'm not a runner, but would love to see this!

aarbaugh said...

Oh that's hysterical! I always wondered what type of race this would be.

Marion said...

Hope we have this kind of event here in our place. I will use my new tennis shoes.