Thursday, December 01, 2011

Indulge to your heart's content!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. Since one of the triplets had to work all night on Thanksgiving Eve in preparation for Black Friday and then go back to work Thanksgiving night, we celebrated on Sunday, the 19th with turkey and all the trimmings. As is customary, we all ate too much. Fortunately, the weather was fabulous and we took a walk to work off some of the calories we'd consumed.

I must admit I ventured out on Thanksgiving Night to the local Walmart. I didn't have anything I really had to have, but thought maybe if the line for the HP laptop wasn't too long, I'd give it a try. Wasn't happening. I couldn't even get to the line. Once I abandoned any hope of actually buying anything and the pressure was off, it wasn't so bad. I squeezed my way near the five dollar blu rays and managed to snare several good ones. One of my daughters wanted as many seasons of Bones and Supernatural as I could get and I was able to grab several of those. Next I sidled past the video games and nabbed a Wii game my son wanted. A work hoodie for another daughter, some chocolate for me and I was out of there. No big ticket items, but some success nevertheless.

How was your Thanksgiving? Did you venture out for Black Friday deals? Any Black Friday stories to share?

And speaking of the shopping season, for most of us, that can only mean one thing: 'Tis the season for book buying. And the next best thing to giving books as gifts is getting them. And just in time for the Christmas shopping season, I want to let you know about a fabulous opportunity to find out about some incredible ebooks for just ninety nine cents each. Beginning today, a number of indie and self-pubbed authors (including some of the Killer Fiction authors) are featuring specially priced digital copies of their books at the Book Lovers Buffet Holiday extravaganza at www.bookloversbuffet.com. All the sub-genres of romance fiction, women's fiction, and even some non fiction books are included so stock up in time for your holiday reading!

And happy shopping!

~Bullet Hole~

No comments: