Wednesday, December 07, 2011

I Did It.



I just got impatient. I couldn't wait to see what was under all that dark, red hair I'd had for so long. So, on a Saturday, I texted my hairdresser to ask what setting I should set the dog trimmer to - and she graciously offered to cut it off Sunday morning. At her house. In her pajamas. I got donuts and went home and was reading the paper as my kids woke up and did the cartoon double-take when they saw me. They didn't know I was going to do it, but hey! Donuts! (Okay, so I ate four.)

The next day, I went in to work. People who saw me before Thanksgiving break thought I'd come back with my chin-length, two tone hair. Several people thought I was a visitor and asked if I needed assistance.

I went to an alumni mixer last week. A lot of people there hadn't seen me in a while. It was in a bar with black lights. My head glowed like a blazing, white beacon. They only recognized me by my voice.

My friend Todd said I resemble a female Race Bannon. I guess before that, I looked like a female Dr. Benton Quest. At least I don't look like a female Bandit.

The big shock I guess is that people always knew to look for the tall redhead in the crowd. I've confused them. And that's awesome. Now, I just have to get used to the cartoon double-take I do when I pass a mirror.

The Assassin

8 comments:

krisgils33 said...

I think it looks great!

Kima said...

Your hair looks terrific. Great style! Haven't you heard? Gray is the new black!

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks guys! Gray is the new black? Outstanding!

Terri Osburn said...

I admit it, I was skeptical, but you look great. I'd never have the cajones to do that. You kick ass, once again.

Leslie Langtry said...

I've been hearing that a lot, Terri. I've been told I'm "gutsy," "brave," and "weird." I think it's too short. I want to grow it out and see what it looks like.

Terri Osburn said...

I've had really short hair for a while so the style looks good to me. Not far from how short mine was back in September. I like the wash it and go thing. It's the color I find brave, but that silver looks good on you. Not a lot of people could make it work, but you pull it off well.

Leslie Langtry said...

I think that's why I want to grow it out - to see if the color stays in length and what it all looks like longer.

Heather said...

Looks good, Leslie. I just lopped about 10 inches off the length of my hair (I was long overdue for a cut), and while it feels better, and isn't as short as yours, any change takes getting used to.