Friday, January 02, 2009

Recap of meeting the family


Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you’ve all recovered from New Year’s Eve and are enjoying your 2009 already.

Well, as promised, this week I’m giving the full rundown on my Christmas Eve first meet with Mr. Big’s family.

Christmas Eve we went to his sister’s house to meet Sis, Brother-in-Law, and Mom. I arrived at Big’s place a few minutes early, so he pours us a couple drinks and tells me to open my gifts. Yay, I love presents! He has the most adorable card for me (awww!), then hands my gift. A certificate for the nicest, most expensive spa in town. I love it! Then, he says open your other gift. There’s more? Sweeeeet. So he hands me another package. I rip it open. Coach. A GORGEOUS, big, Coach designer purse. My face looked like this ---> then this --> then this -- >

It was the single most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on. Needless to say, nothing could ruin my evening after that.

So, we drive to Sis’s house where, as soon as I walk in the door, I am accosted by three very large, hairy dogs. As I may have mentioned on this blog before, I am a fan of dogs – I just can’t breath around hem. Yep, super allergic. I excuse myself and immediately take an allergy pill. Which seems to work fine for most of the evening. Luckily, the dogs seems pretty well behaved. I was rubbed up against, licked, slobbered on, and at one point I think my calf became the male dog’s date, but none of them jumped or shed on me too much, so I was happy.

The family was SO incredibly sweet. They all bought me gifts even though I’d never met them. We had some killer mojitos and dinner was fabulous! Artichoke dip, bruschetta, this incredible corn soufflé, and the most to die for chocolate mouse cake. So incredibly good I could have eaten the entire thing myself.

But, the best part…

After dinner Big’s mom hands me a “little something”. A red, patent leather Dolce and Gabbana clutch. Repeat of .

Big “confesses” that his Mom is his designer purse connection. Apparently she deals in imported designer handbags.

I love this family.

She asks if I’d like to see some more. Um, does a bear go poo poo in the woods? Yes! So, she takes me in the other room and there is a row of the most gorgeous purses ever. Brand new designer bags in all shapes and sizes in a pretty little row. Jimmy Choo, Dolce, Chanel, Coach. All my friends are there! I swear I started having heart palpitations. And then, she said the two most beautiful words I have ever heard.

Pick one.

I think I actually had a mini heart attack. Then grabbed a gorgeous read Chanel purse and decided then and there that if thing don’t work out with Big I will have to go lesbian and seduce his sister because I must be part of this family.

So, the first meet was a success. Fingers crossed things continue to go well in the new year!



~Trigger (and Handbag) Happy Halliday

16 comments:

Dru said...

Three designers bags in one day, I love it. Have you used any yet?

Now, the big quesion is: Does he have an uncle, brother, male cousin, grandfather, any other male relative?

Your post put a smile on my face because you sound so happy. Designers bags makes me happy too.

Lucy said...

Some things are just fated. I'm glad you had such a good encounter with the family (and the dogs). :)

Suzan Harden said...

Gemma, you must keep Big. It's the equivalent of my DH having an in at Harry London's, Godiva's or Hershey's (which he doesn't - darn it!)

Terri Osburn said...

You really are Carrie Bradshaw! LOL! Congrats on the great fam visit and on the handbags. I'm not a designer handbag girl, but I know they are a big deal to many. So he's in real estate and his mom is in handbags. Does his sister sell high end cars? LOL!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I've been out of it and missed the chance to say that before...)

Christie Craig said...

Okay,

I'm gonna confess here. I like nice purses, but I wouldn't change sides for it. (Big smile)

Super congrats on this wonderful date. Big is sounding better and better.

CC

Gillian Layne said...

I'm thinking this date sounds like a really excellent scene in a book! Of course, you need purse-stealing Ninja's swinging through the windows to add a bit of conflict. :)

Glad things went so well.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a night! I'm with Dru, does he have any other single male relatives???

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Sounds like it only could have been better if it had been shoes :)

So, do tell - what did YOU get HIM????

Gemma Halliday said...

Have you used any yet?
Absolutely! Is it wrong that I've started petting them as if they were my babies?

Sadly, no male relatives that I know of. :( One brother but he just moved out of the country to get married. I think his mom is single, though. So, maybe if you hook up an older single male relative you could still get in on the family bag action. Lol!

Of course, you need purse-stealing Ninja's swinging through the windows to add a bit of conflict. :)
Dude, I need to write that scene! Seriously, I'm seeing a book here...

~Gemma

Gemma Halliday said...

So, do tell - what did YOU get HIM????

Okay, my present pales in comparison to designer bags and spa visits. But I ended up getting him a gift certificate to a bad and bath store (he just moved and I know he needs tons of stuff), a DVD of the movie we saw on our first date, and a set of jazz guitar CDs (because I know he plays).

I do have a chance to step up my present giving game, though, as his birthday is next month. Anyone have bright ideas?

~Gemma

catslady said...

If my daughter hadn't gotten married this year she'd be searching for your Mr. Big roflmao.

Kim Castillo said...

O.M.G. Gemma, I am completely and utterly jealous.

You better pull something awesome out for his b-day.

And you should totally be petting those bags. They like it*g*

Estella said...

Wow!

Keri Ford said...

That's great, Gemma! How lucky are you. This is karma coming back for all those other dates you had to suffer through.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you. It's like shades of KILLER IN HIGH HEELS all over again - but hopefully a little more legal...and with fewer bodies.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Great story! I love the part where you're willing to turn lesbian! ;)