Thursday, September 04, 2008

Everything old is new again!

Okay. I intended to post some pics of my newly 'organized' office this week. Problem is I don't actually have the 'organized' part down yet and it would be kind of, uh, embarrassing to post 'after' decluttering pics that show stacks of papers and files that need to be sorted, filed, or shredded. You see. I kinda got sidetracked.

Oh? You're not surprised? I have a habit of doing that?

Nice.

Anyway, I have something better than a clean work area to unveil this week. I have a new website!

A little background on this. For those of you who don't recall, I'm sort of--challenged--when it comes to things like technology...and small engines, appliances of all sizes, shapes, and functions, large engines, and anything to do with mathematics. So when I became newly published in 2005, the biggest 'sweating bullets' moment for Bullet Hole Bacus was not writing the follow up book, but establishing a web presence. The very thought made me bilious. Imagine my relief when my son, a high school sophomore at the time, displayed an aptitude for design along with his gift of artistic ability.

How do you say 'dodged that bullet'? Whew!

I figured the legendary Janet Evanovich involved her offspring in the biz, why not this fledgling author? So, Erick, one-third of my triplets, designed my first website. Recently he decided it needed a new look so he revamped it. It's up and running as of yesterday! We still have some tweaking--okay, fine, 'ERICK' still has some tweaking to do on the site like adding new page content and a navigation area before we're totally good to go, but if you have a moment, click on over to http://www.kathybacus.com and check out the updated look.

Erick is working on his own website promoting his art work and web design acumen and has plans to launch that soon. More on that front later!

All this 'updating' has me more determined than ever to give my house a badly needed facelift. Remember I told you I was planning to pull down border in my kitchen and ex formal dining room turned TV room? Just FYI. The fabric softener mixture so didn't work for me. Today I'm trying a vinegar solution. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope you like the website! (Erick says, "Me, too!")

~Bullet Hole off to fight the Battle of the Border~

7 comments:

Gemma Halliday said...

LOVE your new name logo! So cute, and the tagline is perfect. Kudos, Erick!

~Gemma

Kathy Bacus said...

Thanks, Gemma! I'll pass your kudos on to Erick!

~Bullet Hole~

Keri Ford said...

It looks wonderful! The colors are fantastic. I had no idea there was a killerfiction.net

Great job, Erick!

Kathy Bacus said...

Our fabulous Killer Fiction website is all due to Gemma, Keri, but I'll tell Erick you love the color scheme for my new website.

~Bullet Hole~

Terri Osburn said...

What a fun looking site. More kudos for the kiddo! Kids are so smart these days. They're going to leave us in the techno dust!

Estella said...

Love the colors on your new website!

Christie Craig said...

Kathy,

I really like the new look and the new tag line.

Congrats!!

CC