Tuesday, February 05, 2013

This Is So Not A Swan Song...

By Robin 'Red Hot' Kaye


Here I am writing my swan song and I'm wondering where the heck we came up with the term. Does anyone really know?

From Wickimedia Commons

I'm wondering if it has something to do with Swan Lake, because, well, how many swan inspired books, movies, ballets or operas are there?



So I do what every normal, basically lazy writer does--I google it. Once I saw what it means, I decided this was so not my swan song.

Did you know that the beautiful swans we picture when we think of the word swan are called Mute Swans?



The legend is that they only 'speak' when they're dying.

Like I said--that's so not happening.

If you want to hear my voice, come visit me: I'll be blogging a a few times a month on Blame It On The Muse.

You can always visit me on my website, on Facebook--I have my personal page, my Fan Page, and on the Killer Fiction Writers Page.

Then there's me on Twitter. My twitter feed is sporadic but fun. You just never know what I'm going to tweet about when I'm at Starbucks. And I can also be found blogging

So just to let you all know, I, like the rest of us Killers, will be around and ready to chat with anyone available.

I have a feeling I'll be talking well after I'm dead, but hey, I guess that should only bother you if you're my children. I often tell them I'll come back just to give them a good scare.

No comments: