Monday, February 04, 2013

Swan Song


It’s my last post here at the Killer Fiction blog. It’s been a long, good run for all of us, but things change and technology marches forward, always forcing us to a new medium of communication in order to keep up.

But the Killers are not going away. We’re simply relocating to our Facebook page. It allows us more direct interaction with readers and to post more often when we have announcements, releases, contests, etc. or just a pair of new shoes we'd like to show off.

I know some of you are not fans of Facebook, and honestly, I resisted for a LONG time. But for those that don’t want to get online and find “friends” etc., all you have to do is set up a page under a pen name. Call yourself Reading Goddess or Queen of the Library. No one you might want to avoid can find you that way, and you’ll still be able to Like your favorite author pages and keep up with them on a much more regular basis than through blogs. I usually post on my Facebook author page once a day or more, and offer readers a look into my everyday life—something you can’t really get on blogs.

I’m sorry if some of you make the decision not to move with us, but I wish you’d reconsider. I promise, we didn’t make this decision lightly or to offend. The harsh reality for writers is that it’s impossible to keep up with all the social mediums available, write books, and ever see our families, so we have to handpick one or two items to use, feeling it’s better to do one or two things well rather  than five things poorly.

For those that boycott Facebook, please sign up for our newsletters. We announce new releases, contests and other fun things through that medium.

Thank you all so much for supporting the Killer Fiction blog all these years!

Signing off, one last time……

Deadly DeLeon

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Why is it the Goodbye song from the Sound of Music is running through my head? While I dislike the ending of Killer Fiction here, I have already LIKED the page on Facebook. *g*

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL Brandy? I have no idea.

I'll see you on Facebook!