Thursday, April 07, 2011

Last Calamity Cover!

Here it is! My sixth--and final--Calamity Jayne eBook cover! All six of my Calamity Jayne Mysteries are officially available for Nook and Kindle electronic readers. I'm still working on other digital applications, as well as getting a Calamity Jayne Box Set up. That leaves me with just one remaining book in my backlist to get up: my paranormal rom-com FIANCE AT HER FINGERTIPS. Fingers crossed (and no mandatory overtime) and I might have it up next week!

What will I do with all my "free" time, you ask? Well, after my ten-plus hour work shifts, that is. Glad you asked. I'm currently working on my second Harlequin Intrigue proposal. The first one didn't quite pass muster. It was a 'political intrigue' and--as it turns out--despite renewed interest in the political process, stories about politicians are still a tough sell. So, try, try again.

I'm going back to what I know--and love best: horses and whodunits. I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

And before I sign off, I'm including a link to a webcam in Decorah, Iowa, that has amazing livestream footage of a pair of bald eagles and their six-foot nest. So far two baby eagles have hatched and we're waiting for the third.

Here's that link: http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

I warn you. It could become addictive.

~Bullet Hole Bacus~

10 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I've been avoiding the eagle thing because I knew I'd spend half my day clicking over there. LOL! Now I've clicked over. This could get bad.

LOVE the cover and the tagline. Good luck with the new proposal! (And finding that free time.)

Mo said...

Woo Hoo - I just bought Anchors Aweigh and now I have the full series on my kindle!! I am so glad you were able to them our ther in the of ebooks.

Diane Kelly said...

Cute cover! Makes me want to go on vacation. And since I do tax work and it's the middle of tax season, I could really use one! 11 days and counting until I get my life back ... Good luck with the intrigue proposal! Coincidentally, I just met Allison Lyons, an Intrigue editor, at a conference last weekend. She said they're looking for rural settings, so the horse thing should fit right in. Good luck!!!

debbie said...

Thats a great video link!

I have all the Calamity books, love em!!

Hope everything works out for you with the intrigue line. Will be watching for your next book!

Kathy Bacus said...

I know, Terri. Seriously, the eagle webcam is just incredible. Tuesday I kept it up and watched it off and on while I wrote.

And glad you like the cover. The cover model's hair doesn't exactly match Tressa Jayne's mane, but I still think it works.

Kathy Bacus said...

Thank you, Mo! I'm glad I was finally able to get the rights back, as well. Hopefully, I'll discover a whole new crop of readers with the Nook and Kindle sales.

Kathy Bacus said...

Actually, Allison was the editor who saw my first proposal, so that's very good news,Diane!

And once the 2011 Legislature adjorns for good, I'm taking a long vacation, too.

Kathy Bacus said...

I'm so glad you enjoy the series, Debbie!

I've got to check and see if the final eagle's egg has hatched yet. I'm getting worried.

(I'm really a mother hen, aren't I) ;)

Kathy Bacus said...

Just found out eagle egg number three hatched last night!

I'm kinda partial to triplets...

;)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love the cover! Definitely my fave.