Friday, March 18, 2011

Dance Anywhere


At 3 pm EST today (Friday, March 18, 2011), Dance Anywhere will be taking place. This event is a simultaneous worldwide public art performance and YOU are invited to partipate.

You don't have to be a professional dancer, or even involved in dance in any formal way. The only requirement is to have fun. Wherever you are, take a moment and MOVE! Nod your head, tap your toes, shake your booty. Just stop what you're doing and join in.

I, for one, will probably mark the occasion by nodding my head. See, I broke my toe the other day and I'm currently sitting at my desk with my foot propped up on an overturned trash can. Good times. So no dance class for me...

So I guess I'll just have to get my dancing fix from watching Dancing with the Stars, instead. Yes, DWTS returns on Monday, March 21 for a new season of watching pros and celebs vie for the coveted mirror ball trophy.

Don't laugh, but I love DWTS. It's been my guilty pleasure for years. The costumes, the music, the moves, the bling. I think I'm most excited about Karate Kid Ralph Macchio and Superbowl star Hines Ward this year, although Kirstie Alley ought to be entertaining. (Although probably not in the way she intends.)

I admit, it's not their most interesting cast, for sure. But I'll still be tuning in.

Of course, I have an ulterior motive. Exactly one month after the DWTS premiere, I'll be launching my brand new YA mystery, Codename: Dancer! Codename is set at a performing arts boarding school, where a ballroom reality show is being filmed.



Check out the blurb:

"Aspiring ballerina Dani Spevak is thrilled when hit TV show Teen Celebrity Dance Off comes to the campus of her performing arts boarding school. She trades the barre for the ballroom and gets set to cha-cha-cha to stardom with Hollywood wonderboy Nick Galliano.

At first their partnership is awkward, because Dani is in awe of her longtime teen idol crush. But soon their chemistry is heating up the dance floor and the attraction moves into real life. Could he actually like her?

Her excitement is short-lived, because someone wants her off the show. Bombs, poisoning, arson… Will Dani’s 15 minutes of fame be over before she reaches age 15? Dani and her friends are suddenly at the center of some serious sabotage. And if she doesn’t find out who is behind it, her next pirouette could be her last.

It's like "Nancy Drew in toe shoes" in this light-hearted tween mystery, a finalist for Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart Award for Best Young Adult Romance."

There's still another month before the launch, so I guess I'll just have to watch DWTS in the meantime. And hope my toe heals. Ouch!

(By the way, sorry for the delay in posting. I was still feeling a little loopy from the Percocet, so I needed to wait until it wore off soon. Otherwise, I'm sure this post would have been more like ghjkh31 3198 vhr 21j ihryrjhghj rhg v. Which is kind of like what it looks like when I let my toddler type.)

No comments: