Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Leslie Langtry's Fabulous Bucket List

I'm a simple human. I have simple needs and wants. Is it so wrong to want to be spoonfed Godiva Belgian Chocolate Ice Cream by my own, personal pool boy? No!

Here then, is my humble bucket list:

1) Learn to play bassoon. I love the bassoon. And it wouldn't be much, really. I just would love to be able to play the Pink Panther theme. On a bassoon.

2) Eating Tour of Italy. No one loves pasta as much as me. Of course, after a week of gorging on fettucine in a quest for the perfect alfredo sauce, I would need to follow up with 5 sessions of liposuction. But it would be worth it, right?

3) Shopping Tour of Italy. Nothing much...just hitting the basics like PRADA, Gucci and Ferragamo. I'd leave enough for the rest of you...

4) Girl's weekend with Tina Fey. Of course, she would have to wear a fat suit to make me feel better about myself...but she would do this because she'd see immediately that we are soul sisters.

5) Play with capybaras. Honestly, doesn't this just explain itself?

6) Wake up at noon to a spotless house, loving children and Mr. Assassin in a g-string holding a bottle of Grey Goose and an enormous, triple chocolate cake. What? It could happen, right?

7) Spa weekend getaway with you guys, my lovely minions. In Italy. With shoes and pasta.

What's on your list?

The Assassin

17 comments:

krisgils33 said...

I will make the ultimate sacrifice and join you on your pasta/shopping/spa adventures. It's the least I can do for being a humble minion. Yes, I am THAT magnanimous. I'm in London right now, so it's no problem for me to meet you in Rome tomorrow. Call me when you get in. :-) (i just hope there is some pasta left for you if I get there first)

Christie Craig said...

Love it, Leslie!!

Count me in on the spa weekend. And I'll take a piece of that Chocolate cake Mr. Assassin is holding. But you wait and give it to me after he dressed. LOL.

CC

Leslie Langtry said...

Okay Kris, you're in LONDON? I am living vicariously through you today.

Janene Murphy said...

I'm sorry, I have exclusive rights on the Tina Fey/gal pal fantasy. ;) Seriously, she rocks. Or is that 30 rocks?

I'd love to go to the Swiss Alps and cause an avalanche with one killer of a yodel. And Italy? I'm with you on that. Can we stop by George Clooney's? That would scratch an item off my bucket list, too.

Leslie Langtry said...

Christie, would you like the vodka on the side, or just poured over the cake...like I would eat it.

Leslie Langtry said...

Janene, I'll share Tina Fey with you if you'll "share" George Clooney with me.

Diane Kelly said...

My bucket list included:

1) learn to play guitar (tried it, sucked at it, but at least I was able to check it off the list)

2) write a book - check!

3) learn to speak fluent Spanish.

Honestly, I'm almost afraid to accomplish #3 now because that means my life goals would be done, and that would be sad! Guess I need to add some new ones. I'd love to do something to stop the pet overpopulation problem (other than invite them all to live with me, which is my current strategy). I know this issue is near and dear to Christie's heart, too!

Leslie Langtry said...

Diane, you have that strategy too??? I thought I was the only one!

Hellie Sinclair said...

Learn to drive like a stunt driver. Actors get to learn cool stuff like this, and I would LOVE to learn how to do a 180 on purpose at like 70 miles an hour or however fast they do it in the movies....

Get published by a big name publisher is on my bucket list. My local electric company PUBLISHED an essay I wrote when I was 17 and distributed to the county, and I was the first essay they ever decided to do that for--so that's something. But not the same as a book in a bookstore by the same publisher as Nora Roberts or something.

Leslie Langtry said...

Um, Hellie, how fast do you drive now?

Terri Osburn said...

Re: Hellie's driving. Does "bat out of hell" mean anything to you?

I'm in on the trip to Italy, only I'll be sampling all the pizza while y'all shop. And hanging with George, of course.

My life long dream has been to buy my own house, and in a month, I'll be moving in. So that's a big goal down. My new goal - other than to get pubbed - is buy a Mercedes. If this Italy trip can happen, then I can have my Mercedes, right?

Leslie Langtry said...

Congrats on the new house Teri! but since we are going to Italy, shouldn't you go for an alfa romeo or something?

Terri Osburn said...

No worries, the Mercedes is staying here. We'll have a sexy Italian driver over there. And I don't care what he drives as long as I get to ride shotgun.

Leslie Langtry said...

You can ride shotgun. As long as I can drink Asti Spumante in the back.

Terri Osburn said...

Deal!

Hellie Sinclair said...

Hey, hey, Terri has never ridden in a car that I was driving. She is casting aspersions with no proof.

krisgils33 said...

my London trips are unfortunately unglamorous (is that even a word??). work 14 hr days, make deals with other countries and then have them back out, lots of rain. I'd rather be in Rome, shoveling pasta in while simultaneously ogling random men and drinking gallons of vino. :-)