Friday, March 26, 2010

Party time!


Guess what, guess what, guess what! Yesterday RWA (Romance Writers of America) announced its finalists for this year's RITA competition (think the Oscars of romance writing). Guess who got nominated? Okay, I know the suspense is killing you, so I'll just spill it... me! I'm totally in shock, but SCANDAL SHEET is up for a RITA for best novel with strong romantic elements. Woot, woot!!

The bad news: I had already decided that it just wasn't financially possible to attend the RWA conference (and award ceremony) this year. Nashville is one long expensive flight from California.

The good news: I hear kidneys are going for a great price on the black market. And I have two! I mean, who really needs two kidneys, right? That's just overkill. If I sold one... and maybe a small chunk of my liver... I might be able to make airfare...

I'll keep you posted on that front. In the meantime, it's party time! I've got cyber champagne, chocolates, and a very loud stereo. Who's in?

~Trigger Happy Halliday

17 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm actually reading it right now - didn't know it was up for a Rita or that Rita's were being announced yesterday. But, I have to say that I'm not surprised - I'm loving it.

Congratulations! :o)

Kathy Bacus said...

Break out the bubbly, Gemma! Here's to your RITA nod and your ultimate win in Nashville.

Whoo hoo!

~Kat

Dru said...

Congratulations Gemma!

Gillian Layne said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Zita said...

Congratulations! Wow! How great is that? But, hey, instead of a kidney or bits of your liver, you could do like Sam Worthington, who "...sold everything to my friends. I had an auction at my house — had a gavel and everything. Four bucks for the TV, even sold the gavel in the end." (http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/entertainment/article/487449--i-m-a-very-lucky-boy-sam-worthington) =)

Terri Osburn said...

Congratulations! And since I'd love to see you at the conference but don't want you to lose any organs, I'll send out good luck winning the lottery vibes!

CrystalGB said...

Congratulations Gemma! How exciting. :)

catslady said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you get a chance to attend!

Tori Lennox said...

Congrats!!!! :)

Jane said...

Congrats on the nomination, Gemma.

Brandy said...

Congratulations! I really enjoyed Scandal Sheet and it deserved the Nomination!

Gemma Halliday said...

Hey, for some reason my comments I made earlier are not showing up. *pout* Leave it to my own blog to freeze me out. Let's hope this one posts!

~G

Gemma Halliday said...

Cool, it worked. Anyway...

Thanks!!! Your congrats mean a lot. :)


~G

Leona said...

Good luck!

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Congratulations!!

Christie Craig said...

Hot damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CC

misskallie2000 said...

Congrats! I think you should win.

Don't start selling your body parts because you might need them yourself one day..LOL...

Just keep wishing for a win at the lottery and scratch off those tics.