Monday, March 01, 2010

Bored and Confused

I tried not to address it, but it's the hype that will not die, so I have to ask - does anyone really care about Tiger Woods and his 42 whores? Seriously? Is he the first rich, famous guy to cheat, or do drugs, or lie or act a fool? Or is the general public foolish enough to believe that since they have to wear pants to golf, it's somehow a higher class sport than say basketball? I got news for you - young, rich, entitled stars are the same no matter how they get their money.

And the whole "did Elin assualt him" questions. Trust me, if she's hit him in the head with a driver, the news stories would be about his funeral and her arrest. And while I don't "necessarily" condone violence for solving violence, how is sleeping with loose, trashy women not assaulting your wife? God knows what he picked up from them. Some of them don't even look like they bathe. Gross!

And the hoards of people calling sport's radio shows and complaining because Tiger is a role model for their kids.....really? I don't have kids, so maybe you guys need to help me out here. I can see kids liking his money, but golf? How many eight-year olds VOLUNTARILY are obsessed with golf? Do kids really want to be Tiger Woods or do they want to be Sean White with cool hair and a bad-ass snowboard? I know who I want to be.

And let's take men for a moment. When are they going to learn that if they're famous, that's the ONLY reason women are after them - the ultimate payout. How many of the whores will have a tidy sum of money after this for selling their story? Did he really think any of them cared about him? Seriously?

All I have to say is no wonder famous people need 10k square foot homes. They have to fit their swollen heads inside. Gag

Opinions - gripes - anyone want to vomit in their own mouth?

Deadly DeLeon

12 comments:

Zita said...

I completely agree. The only way his sex life should matter is if it effects his golf game. So does it? Then again, does even that really matter? He plays golf, for pete's sake. I think the only people who are devastated (besides his poor wife) are his sponsors, and that's only because it's hit them in their pocket book. Now, personally I have never bought a product because of a celebrity endorsement. In fact, I won't even buy clothes with overt branding as I refuse to be their unpaid billboards. Frankly, I think the companies should stop looking to sports stars and celebrities to endorse their products anyway. If they saved that money and charged less for their products, they would sell more and make more money. I don't know why they don't get that. But no, they insist on paying the sportsman du jour (SDJ) 10 million dollars, so they have to increase the sale price of their product in order to pay him, which means their SDJ has to be morally perfect in order to sell their over-priced cr-, I mean, product, which they could sell for less if only they didn't have to pay their equally over-priced SDJ. SHEESH!

Becky LeJeune said...

When it first hit the news, and you couldn't turn on the tv without everyone and his cousin talking about it, I seriously was ready to throw my tv out the window. I'm so glad that most of the hype has died down -- at least on the channels I watch. Ugh, I definitely could care less about his exploits (and I'll add Charlie Sheen to that list since he's the one I keep hearing about lately).

Terri Osburn said...

I was over this story pretty quick. And it drove me nuts that EVERYONE had to talk about it to the point of it becoming the top jokes on the late night shows. I mean, do they even realize this is destroying someone's life? Grant it, Elin is pretty much set for life, but still. Haven't they ever been betrayed or hurt or had their hearts broken? How can you make someone else's devastation your punchline?

BUT, I'm more irritated with the chicks that all came forward than with Tiger. So he used his power, money and influence to get laid. This is not new. Should he have stayed single if he wanted to partake of these activities. You betcha.

These chicks cannot claim they didn't know he was married. And they all could have kept their mouths shut when the story broke. After say, five had come forward, what was the point for the rest? Other than the paycheck and 15 secs of fame.

And now THEY want an apology? Are you freaking kidding me??? Makes me want to beat the crap out of the little hussies.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'm with ya, babe. Tiger ought to shut up and play golf and keep to himself.

Now Shaun White, on the other hand... He'd better not let me down. That's all I'm saying.

Jana DeLeon said...

Zita - Totally with you. It's a no brainer - $80 polo shirt with celebrity logo or $15 polo shirt without. Uh.....$15???? And give me 5. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

Becky - I agree on the Sheen issues too. How many wives does he have to have exactly who say he beats them before other women listen? Or maybe it's a cost-benefit analysis thing (which I'm guessing is the case) "Okay, so the chance of me dying is remote, but a black eye and some bruises will make me a million."

Jana DeLeon said...

Terri - yeah, an apology for what? As you said, they all knew he was married, and my guess is he wasn't chasing them but it was the other way around. I HATE women that sleep with married men. In fact, if they all dropped dead tomorrow, I'd wear red for a year. But then I'm considered an extremist by some. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

Susan - Don't you just love Shaun White? He's got such a cool, relaxed vibe.

catslady said...

We build them up to be Gods and then wonder why they think they are. We build them up and then just love to tear them down. I don't know. I have to say he is the reason I watch golf - don't even play it lol. But for me it's just one more disappointment. I really think we want to believe in fairy tales (isn't that what romances are?). I do have trouble separating the actor/sportsman from the person sometimes. I guess the ones that truly had me convinced. At the moment I can't even watch a Mel Gibson movie - he was my favorite but now he seems like such a jerk I can't watch him as just an actor.

Jana DeLeon said...

catslady - You should switch to my manner of thinking. I assume all people are crappy, then I can be pleasantly surprised, which is much better than being constantly disappointed. :)

Tori Lennox said...

Amen, sister! I was over this story about ten minutes, fifteen tops, after it broke.

I am so sick and tired of the tabloid journalism that pretends to be news these days.

Jana DeLeon said...

Tori - And not like there's a shortage of important things to cover, right? Maybe the government paid Tiger to cheat so we wouldn't pay attention to the crap they try to pass?????