Friday, June 29, 2012

Please join me in welcoming the talented and fabulous Melissa Bourbon Ramirez!

P.S.  And don't forget to check out my new book and start to a brand new series, UNBREAKABLE BOND - available now for Nook!

Take it away, Melissa...


 

Thank you, Gemma, for having me here today!  I’m super excited to announce that Sacrifice of Passion was released last week.  If you like romantic suspense, you can’t go wrong with this $2.99 read.  It’s thrilling and oh, so sexy! 


I also had Bare-Naked Lola come out about a month ago, and this book is so close to my heart.  Lola is like a good friend, and I love, love, love hanging out with her while I write her stories (yes, even this one, which takes her to a nudist resort!).  Think sexy, sassy, smart Stephanie Plum-like stories.
 

Today I have to share something readers email to me all the time.  Friends ask me.  Even my mother wants to know…


Will they or won’t they?
Gah! When are Jack and Lola going to ‘DO IT’?
Enough torture already! Put the in bed together!


Readers get as frustrated with Jack and Lola and the sizzling sexual tension built up between them as I get writing it!  But my dilemma has always been about how to keep the sizzle alive after they do the deed.  I mean, the anticipation is the great fun, right?


I remember the fizzle after the sizzle with Moonlighting’s David and Maddie.  Things just weren’t the same. **sigh**


It’s just not the same, is it?
 

I’d love your help.  If two characters have great sexual tension and they finally do the horizontal salsa, do you like them torn apart again to build up the conflict to a frenzy a second time, or do you prefer their relationship to stay sexual and have the conflict arise (no pun intended!) in other ways?


Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this!

 ~Melissa

Bare-Naked Lola

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13396588-bare-naked-lola-a-lola-cruz-mystery

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Naked-Lola-Melissa-Bourbon-Ramirez/dp/1620610043/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331054287&sr=1-1

Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bare-naked-lola-melissa-bourbon-ramirez/1108785655?ean=9781620610046&r=1&cm_mmc=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-GwEz7vxblVU-_-10%3a1&

Sacrifice of Passion





Connect with Melissa

Website   l   Facebook   l    Twitter    l    Goodreads

3 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I'm one who hates when they put couples together on long running TV shows. I too was a huge Moonlighting fan. And Remington Steele went the same way. I stopped watching Bones this year, though that was more HOW they put them together than the fact that they did it.

But I have to believe it's doable. I think the writers of Burn Notice have done it, but not sure how long they can keep it up. If I had the magic answered, I'd share. :)

These books sound fun. Great covers!

Diane Kelly said...

Let them get a taste of each other, then keep them apart while they metaphorically starve for more!

It's interesting how sex is seen as the goal or apex of a relationship, when truly, isn't it more rare to have that type of mental connection where you know you could run into a guy twenty years from now and still feel that ZING? Just a thought . . .

Brandy said...

And I'm of the let them get together and battle outside forces together. Every one needs a safe spot, or person in their lives- someone who loves and accepts them, foibles and all.