Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like....

You know how the song goes. The big question is, are you ready for it?

I will admit to being partially ready. The house is looking good as I'm almost finished with Christmas decorations. I'd hoped to get an earlier start this year, but book deadlines and life put me off schedule. So now, I'll probably finish in time to start taking it all down. (sigh) Or maybe I'll just leave it up through winter. Hey, it is kinda pretty, and I did that one year when I was working a million hours a week as a contractor. Finally, my brother came over to my house in May and carried the entire tree, decorations and all, into the garage.

So first up today, I'm going to share a couple of decor picture, because it's so pretty with my signature turquoise and a great Christmas silver. Here's the living room - and yes, it's actually cold enough in Dallas to have a fire!

And this is the long counter that separates the kitchen from the living area/hallway.

And the final thought I'll leave you with today with a letter from Santa that I got in a random email. I figured you'd all like it.


Merry Christmas (or whatever you celebrate)!!!
Deadly DeLeon

6 comments:

krisgils33 said...

your decorations are oh so pretty! I'm a minimalist decorator. We had 3 trees in front of our house cut down this fall and now the Christmas lights are on the bushes. Didn't realize until the trees were gone how unbelievably pathetic those bushes look! Hoping to get that big fat bank account so I can invest in some serious landscaping next spring!

Jana DeLeon said...

Kris - I need to do some landscaping too, but there's only so much money to go around. Same story.

Anonymous said...

So pretty!

I have absolutely nothing done, but then again, I had a baby 2 weeks ago, so I get a pass. Right?

And I fully respect keeping the decorations up throughout the winter, particularly if they're winterish (blue, white, and silver) rather than specifically Christmas-y. So go for it!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!

I have absolutely nothing done, but then again, I had a baby 2 weeks ago, so I get a pass. Right?

And I fully respect keeping the decorations up throughout the winter, particularly if they're winterish (blue, white, and silver) rather than specifically Christmas-y. So go for it!

Jana DeLeon said...

Amanda - yep, they're all blue, so now that I have your approval, I will inform my family to expect Christmas through at least March.

And I think you did a LOT more than me in the past couple of weeks. :)

Brandy said...

Your decorations look pretty!