Friday, August 19, 2011

What a deal!

Here I was, under the very mistaken illusion that the $2 discount on my e-book on Amazon was a great deal. 67% off!

Apparently Daily Cheap Reads, Jr. Edition thought so, too, since they featured it yesterday:
http://dailycheapreads.com/junior/2011/08/18/codename-dancer-a-dani-spevak-mystery-for-tweens-and-teens-99-cents/

But alas, $2 off is nothing. $2? Pshaw. I have now seen the light, and want to just say a big giant "thank you" to Amazon for giving us a $1558 discount on a Kindle book.

OK, granted, it's only 20% off, which isn't all that impressive as a percentage of the list price, but still, keeping the price well under $7000 was a brilliant move on Amazon's part. You can see exactly why they're the leading online book retailer. And it sure beats the alternative of coughing up the roughly $40,000 per year for four years to get a degree at MIT.

So just in case anyone has been putting off getting their own copy of "Nuclear Energy," here's your chance! The Kindle edition is currently on sale for the low, low price of just $6,232! I'm surprised Paula at Daily Cheap Reads hasn't picked up on this mega sale!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Nuclear-Energy-ebook/dp/B001C2TPWO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1313216094&sr=1-1&tag=vglnk-c1533-20

In all seriousness though, check out the "reviews." HILARIOUS!

But please don't try to sample this book. I wouldn't want you to hit "one click" by mistake. If I did that and Mr. Brice found out, you better believe it would be a nuclear disaster in my house sure to lead to WWIII.

4 comments:

krisgils33 said...

that is really funny. i bought 3. you know, christmas will be here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Kris, it only makes sense. Better to stock up now while the price is right!

Kima said...

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go ahead and buy this little gem for myself, but after reading the glowing reviews, I simply had to have it! What a bargain!

Anonymous said...

Of course the reviews were glowing. It is about nuclear energy, after all...