Saturday, May 28, 2011

Guest Author Jax Cassidy




MOMENT BY MOMENT by Jax Cassidy


A big thanks to Gemma for allowing me to hijack her blog today to talk to you about a topic that’s dear to my heart. I’ve always been passionate about charities and participating in fundraising efforts because I grew up in an altruistic family. My mother and father have spent the majority of their lives helping others. Whether we opened our homes to strangers, who had nowhere to go or no one to turn to, or actively helped with charitable events, I was taught to embrace a lifestyle that encompassed compassion and kindness to others at a very young age.

As you know, it’s been a little over three months since the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster occurred in Japan and I don’t think I could ever erase the images of those events from my mind. It’s a reminder of how fragile life is, how swiftly everything can be taken away in a matter of moments. Sometimes we’re so busy with our lives that we don’t realize how quickly time slips away from us. With time, we go about our daily business and forget about the citizens who are still trying to piece their lives back together.

I try to check on the progress of Japan and the slow rebuild, but the truth always hits hard. The loss is staggering with more than 24,000 people dead or missing. That’s basically an entire population of a small town! The government has estimated that damages from the disaster could reach as high as 25 trillion yen, or more than $300 billion. These numbers seem somehow surreal, and although there has been an outpouring of support; Japan is still suffering as they face a recession.

These details are unsettling and compelled me to contribute in some small way. Beyond personal donations, I wanted to do something more—something special. SHIBUYA MOMENT is my love story to Japan and I wanted to channel my emotions into something that was beautiful. Hopefully I’ve captured the exoticness of this country for you to see.

Lastly, I hope this post will bring awareness. Everyone should take just a moment out of a day, week, or month to help others. Giving, in any form, is such a beautiful act and you’ll feel good about doing it.

* * * * * *

I’m doing an awesome giveaway to help raise money for charity. The prize is valued at over $500 and includes a Kindle 3G & Amazon Gift Card. All you have to do is visit my website and blog for more details.

* * * * * *

SHIBUYA MOMENT…

Freelance photographer Seren Takahashi wants to heal her wounded soul after a devastating loss. While embarking on a personal adventure into Tokyo’s Shibuya district, she discovers a city rich in culture and vibrant in its exoticness. What she hadn’t expected was finding closure and rediscovering the true person hidden inside. When she gives into destiny’s pull, her journey awakens a need to live in the moment, embrace her fears, and open her heart to love.

Author’s note: All author proceeds from the sale of this story will be donated to the Red Cross and ShelterBox for the relief effort in Japan.

* * * * * *


Author Bio:

Jax Cassidy followed her dreams to Paris, then Hollywood to pursue a film career but managed to fall in love with penning sexy romances and happy endings—finding Mr. Right was just an added bonus. She writes contemporary, paranormal, and multi-ethnic romances and is Co-Founder of Romance Divas, and award winning writer’s website and discussion forum. Jax is also known as one-half of the retired writing team of Cassidy Kent.


To learn more about Jax, visit her online at http://www.jaxcassidy.com/

Social Networks:
Twitter: www.twitter.com/jaxcassidy
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jaxcassidy

2 comments:

Wynter said...

This is such a great cause. Can't wait to read this one. Heading over to buy it now.

Jax Cassidy said...

Thanks for your support Wynter! :) I really appreciate it!