Wednesday, April 15, 2009

To Mr. Assassin, With Looooove...


This won't be much today. I'm out of town with the kids, seeing Mr. Assassin off on his new adventure. My husband's Reserve Unit has been called up. In two days he boards a bus to Ft. Dix in New Jersey. Then, in July, he heads off to Iraq until May 2010.


So this won't be a typical post because technically, I'm sort of on a vacation. I won't really be able to check in much since we are going to have briefings, a barbecue and the kids will get to play with real, automatic weapons.


He will be deployed with a Special Operations force as part of a Psy Ops unit. One of the crests of his units is "Win With Words." At least that makes me smile.


Until next week, when I promise, I'll be funny again.


The Assassin

15 comments:

Refhater said...

Best of luck to Mr. Assassin. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Stay safe!

Gillian Layne said...

Hugs to you all! Tell Mr. Assassin this definitely qualifies as "hero"!

Terri Osburn said...

Thanks for what you do for our country (to Mr. Assassin and the whole family) and we'll be sending lots of stay safe vibes and prayers your way. And I'll second Gillian, hero in the truest terms.

housemouse88 said...

Good luck with your travels Mr. Assassin. We'll keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Come home safe. Have a great day.

Hellie Sinclair said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. (THANK YOU, MR. ASSASSIN!And best of luck and come home safe!)

Terry S said...

My thoughts, prayers, support and thanks to Mr. Assassin and all of our troops. The same to the families who keep the home fires burning.

Gemma Halliday said...

Big hugs! Hoping Mr. Assassin (and the kids playing with auto weapons) stay safe! Tell Mr. Assassin we'll all be thinking of him and to let us know when he needs a Killer Fiction care package. :)

~Gemma

Tori Lennox said...

What everyone else has said. :)

Christie Craig said...

You got my thoughts and prayers, girl. We're all holding your hand and we'll laugh our way through this and you'll have that guy home soon.

CC

Wendy Roberts said...

Keeping Mr. Assassin & the family in my thoughts and prayers!

Keri Ford said...

((((((HUGS))))))

Best of luck to you all through this time and I'll keep Mr. Assassin in my thoughts that he comes back safely.

Kathy Bacus said...

Hugs, prayers, and good thoughts heading your family's way, Les. As Gemma said, keep us informed when Mr. Assassin could use a Killer Fiction care package and we're on it!

~Bullet Hole~

Leslie Langtry said...

You guys are the best. I was afraid to look at this - that I might cry - but what the hell. I'll have Mr. A post a final comment tonight. Thank you!

LuAnn said...

My stepdaughter's husband will be leaving soon for his third deployment to Iraq. He's in Indiana right now waiting to leave.

Wendy L said...

Leslie, I'll pray every day for Mr. A. Please know that YOU are my hero, as well, for the sacrifices YOU are making so that your husband can protect my freedom. I'm here for you! -- Cousin Wendy